Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Wednesday, February 15

Dove Campaign for Real Beauty

Dove's Super Bowl commercial was awesome and it struck at my heart. They are running a Campaign for Real Beauty. It's about helping girls overcome low self esteem. I understood those girls who wanted to be different and who didn't feel like they fit it. I understood what they were going through, because I had low self esteem when I was younger. My hips were too big and I was way taller than everyone in elementary school. And I was too shy (not so much anymore). I never did quite fit in.

This is a cause I want to get behind and support. I don't want young girls growing up with low self esteem because it can lead to a lot of pain later on in life. Every young girl is beautiful, and no one should tell her otherwise. Check out the website. I love this campaign.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Grant said...

especially if that little girl wrestles alligators!

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home