Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Tuesday, January 10

My Reading

I love to read and I'll read just about anything. But I really love when I find a book that I just can't put down. I've loved to read for as long as I can remember. I especially love a good fiction book. I get so involved in the characters and the story that if I put the book down I feel like I'm missing out on the story. Kind of like walking out of a movie theatre to go the bathroom in the middle of the movie. I might miss something.

Sometimes I can't put the book down, even if it is 2 am! I remember times when I've been so glued to a book that I finally put it down at 4 am because I realized sleep really is important. When I was younger and I was supposed to be in bed asleep, I would grab a flash light and read under the covers, hoping my parents wouldn't notice.

The saddest part of reading a book is getting to the end. I don't want the story to end, so I read the last few chapters slowly. Then the last chapter of the book I like to read without interruption, so I can finish it well, and appreciate the story.

I just finished: Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
I just finished reading it this morning. What a great book! I highly recommend it. I've always heard Francine Rivers books were great and now I can say they really are. It's a retelling of the story of Hosea and Gomer set in the 1850's.

I'm Currently Reading: Just like I do with my home projects, I've started a few books that I havent' finished yet.
Next Book To Read: Memoirs of a Geisha
I really want to see the movie and I like to read the books before the movie. But I think it'll end up being the other way around this time.

2 Comments:

Blogger annette said...

Memoirs of a Geisha is good, disappointing ending though, in my opinion. But up to that point, it was really well written; highly recommend!

6:36 PM

 
Blogger Patricia said...

So I guess she doesn't get the guy? Don't tell me, I haven't read the book or seen the movie yet!

9:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home