Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Saturday, October 8

Gluten Free Buckeyes


I figured out how to make Buckeyes for Rob without the foods he's allergic too. He's been craving sweets but can't really have anything. The regular recipe includes butter and all-purpose flour, which Rob can't have. So I just left out the butter and added extra peanut butter. Then instead of using the all-purpose flour, I used 1 part arrowroot powder and 4 parts brown rice flour.

Woo hoo!!! It came our really well. Next time I make them I'll post the recipe. I was playing around today, so I'll document it next time.

3 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

I like them a lot! It's weird though...I can tell it's not super-sweet like it could be with milk chocolate and normal PB. But becuase I haven't had anything sweet since May the bitter-sweet chocolate and natural PB was SO sweet to me.

But you're sweeter. Thanks, Babe!

9:06 AM

 
Blogger karin said...

awwwww.....he said Babe! man I love that!!!!

11:19 PM

 
Anonymous Sally said...

Oh my goodness, my absolute favorite dessert from childhood and a holiday regularity in my family!!! I'm so excited, please share the recipe. I was going to try with rice flour, but arrowroot and brown rice sound better. I love them with dark chocolate!

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home