Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Tuesday, March 15

The Purple Meal

St. Patricks Day is coming up which means it's time for the traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner. Rob and I started this tradition a few years ago, and his family and my aunt have been doing this for years now. When I decided to make my first corned beef and cabbage dinner I called my aunt to find out how to make it.

She gave me her recipe and I headed out to the grocery store to find the ingredients. I couldn't find green cabbage so I got the purple cabbage. What did I know? Well, I later found out that when you boil purple cabbage with all the other ingredients, it turns everything else purple as well!

That St. Patricks Day for dinner we had purple cabbage, purple corned beef, and purple potatoes!

2 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

I didn't mind because it was still good eats!

9:05 AM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm glad I am not the only one who didn't know about purple cabbage. Nice blog.

11:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home