Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Friday, November 12

Food Cravings

I've been craving gourmet Spanish tapas for the last few weeks. I don't know what my deal is, (and no I'm not pregnant). I love appetizers and I especially like Spanish tapas. I want all my meals to consist of a ton of different flavorful, rich, tasty tapas, TONS of them. A little bit of this and a little bit of that, not just one main dish with a side salad and veggies. I think I'm just tired of the same old food I've been making. I need some new fun, easy, gourmet recipes but the problem is I don't want to buy a bunch of ingredients that I'll have to leave here when we go home in December. It's too expensive.

I did buy a small recipe book for tapas and tomorrow hopefully I'll have the energy to make some of them to fulfill my current tapas craving. And if that doesn't work out I found out online that there's a tapas restaurant downtown in Vancouver that's supposed to be good. And if that doesn't work out, I'll just have to consider going back to Spain. That's the only way to be sure I'll get the real thing. I'll use any excuse to go to Spain. Maybe I should just skip the first two options and just head to Spain. Anyone want to come with me?

5 Comments:

Blogger rob said...

"I'll go...I'll go...I'll go...I'll...she'll keep asking me...sigh...I'll go...I'll go...I'll go!"

Anyone a Ferris Bueller fan?

2:33 AM

 
Blogger ehskeri said...

Ooo. Here's what you can do. Take 1 potato, 1 chicken breast, 10 shrimp, 3 small onions, lots of olive oil, a loaf of good bread, maybe some tomato paste, some garlic, salt and pepper, and some vinegar.

Slice the onions in thin half rings. In a small skillet, heat up some olive oil and saute the onions and garlic. Add salt to taste. Divide in three.

For the potato, cook half way in the microwave. Slice it or cube it, which ever you prefer. Cut the chicken breast into thin strips or little pieces. Peel the shrimp.

Get three skillets out. In one skillet, saute the potatoes w/ 1/3rd of the olive oil mixture. In another skillet, do the same but with the chicken. Add some vinegar and maybe some tomato sauce to change the flavor. In the third skillet saute the shrimp with the rest of the olive oil and onion mixture. Add some white wine if you have it.

Now, take out 4 little plates. Place the potatoes in one, the chicken on one, the shrimp on another one, and the good bread, sliced, on the 4th plate. Sprinkle the plates with the potatoes, chicken and shrimp w/ olive oil in a decorative way. Take pepper and sprinkle around the outside of the plates, to make it pretty.

Put on some Gipsy Kings, light some candles, put the plates of food on the coffee table, get two plates, one for you and one for Rob, and sit on the floor at the coffee table with a glass of white wine each and there you have some tapas. Ooo. I think I'll do that tonight myself! Oh, and don't forget to clean the olive oil mixtures off of the serving plates with the good bread.

12:26 PM

 
Blogger rob said...

I like that! When are you coming to visit again?

2:00 PM

 
Blogger Leah said...

Hey Patricia
I know a great Mexican resturant that has a great Tapas bar. It's called La Mesa and its located on the Fraser Hwy in Langley. We should go! It has a great atompshere and great food!

3:26 PM

 
Blogger Patricia said...

That's ehskeri! It was a great recipe. I didn't do shrimp but instead used twice as much chicken and did part of it like you said with tomato sauce and I added red wine. Very good. I also added a small plate of olives and chorizo pan fried with garlic! It satisfied my cravings!

1:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home