Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Sunday, October 31

Saturday in North Van



It was supposed to rain all day yesterday, but God decided to let the sun shine instead! Rob and I were out most of the day seeing the beauty of North Vancouver. Unfortunately, I accidentally deleted all the photos we took yesterday with our digital camera before downloading them. I was very upset about it and I won't make that mistake again, trust me. So I can't show you our photos. But I did find photos online to share!

We started out going to the Capilano Suspension Bridge, then to the Capilano Salmon Hatchery, Cleveland Dam and ended the day with Starbucks coffee at Lonsdale Quay before heading home for dinner.

Above is a picture of the Suspenstion Bridge and it wasn't as scary as I thought. The bridge is 450 feet long and 230 feet about the canyon floor. And it sways and bounces as you walk across! The views of the canyon were amazing. The trees on the other side were huge! Rob took a picture of me hugging a huge tree (as strangers laughed at me), to show how big it was.There were walkways in the treetops so we could walk around even higher up. It reminded me of the Ewok village in Return of the Jedi (which I've always wanted to visit)!

The salmon hatchery was cool. We saw salmon trying to jump over the falls against the current. They've gotta get tired. Rob took a great picture of one in mid-air! You'll just have to trust me on that. Salmon are much bigger than I thought, and they are actually quite ugly. Ugh. But they taste good so I can't complain.

Next we went to Cleveland Dam. Here's a picture of what we saw. Not so much snow on the mountains in the back though, just a little on top:

We ended our afternoon with a coffee at Vancouver's favourite cafe, Starbucks, at Lonsdale Quay. The Quay reminded me of a small version of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We would have had a great view of downtown Vancouver if there hadn't been a tanker/ship/big boat/whatever they are called in the bay right in front of Canada Place. That's one picture I didn't lose because we didn't take it. Go to this site, it has a few pictures of what we saw yesterday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That suspension bridge was cool, wasn't it? Amy and I were there a few years ago and it looks exactly the same as I remember it. - Matt

7:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home