Pitatayo is me! That's how I pronounced my first and last name when I was really little and learning to talk. This blog is about me, my life, my experiences and other things I want to write about.

This blog has moved. Please visit me at Patricia's Place!

Tuesday, October 12

My Health

I haven't written for a few days because I haven't been feeling well. So I thought I'd do a health update.

I've been really tired and drained since we got here about 3 weeks ago. So last week Rob and I decided I needed to rest and take care of myself. Since last Tuesday, I've been sleeping at least 12 hours a night and not doing much during the day because I don't have the energy. I try to go to the gym at least 2 times a week but I really should be going more. I also stretch for about 20 min in the morning and before going to bed, because my muscles ache a lot.

It's hard for me to not do anything. I like to go places and see and experience new things. And I tend to run myself into the ground without realizing it. So really, last week Rob decided I had to stop and rest. I agreed.

The stress of the hurricanes combined with moving up here has really worn me down. The transition has been really hard on me physically. Most people can't tell that I'm feeling bad because I hide it well. Who wants to be around someone who's always complaining? But I'm always tired. I don't like being tired. I've also noticed that if I'm busy all day then my body aches worse in the evening - kinda like a numb burning ache sensation, which is why I stretch. I'll take a hot bath with epsom salt when it gets bad. I also get mentally fatigued on those days. It's not fun.

I went to the gym yesterday and noticed I had more strength and endurance than the previous weeks. So that's a good sign! I think I'm finally starting to get enough rest. YAY!

Please pray with me that God would heal my body.

Psalm 25:4-5
Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kay understands how discouraged you must be feeling about your health. I am glad you have taken some time to get plenty of sleep and rest. It sounds like you need to plan regular time in the gym. With those beautiful surroundings you are living in, take time to soak up God's beautiful creation and let Him refresh your body and your soul. I agree with your verse...He is your God and savior.

11:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home